Saturday, January 15, 2011

Woken By The Crows

Good Morning People!

Still groggy but awake. The crows outside my window are yapping extra loudly this morning. I wasn't intending on getting up this early on a saturday...oh well.

Today is my second animation class. I'm psyched but a little nervous. I still feel like the drawings aren't flowing "naturally".  I've been practicing with the Simpson's characters but leaning more toward just getting a feel for my own style, trying to figure out what that is again. I guess I've always drawn from other peoples work, characters that inspired me. I didn't really think about it before though, it was just "doing" now I feel a little pressure but I'm sure I can use it to produce some great work. I just need more inspiration.

Being in a new place with practically no friends, no family, and no clue where I belong in this new place is definitely a road block. I'm out of my comfort zone a bit more than usual. I've been in this situation before but I was much more eager to wedge myself in. Now I'm a little apprehensive because I've been through the "ringer" so to speak. I need to get over all that. Making art is definitely helping. I guess I should give myself more credit than I do. This is just the most vulnerable I've ever felt in my life.
It's exciting and terrifying but at the same time I feel guilt... (?)
Maybe over going after what I've dreamed of doing since I was a four year old, not working the normal crap job or paying attention to everyone telling me what steps to take next in life. I'm going after what makes me happy.

That used to be the "dream". Now, in this economy... that's insane. I'm lucky to have Stephen to support me, he's pretty amazing. If it weren't for him I'd probably be back in Troy, working at the Daily Grind and wishing I had some way to get out of New York. We're both pretty lucky

Life is short, so if I don't take a swing at this I'll regret it the rest of my life. I'd rather live more simply and starve once in a while than conform to this hopeless "American Dream" that wasn't even my dream to begin with....

So, I'm so glad I found this class. It's a good start and I intend on making the most of it.
I'm still a little tired...guess I'll lay down until I really need to be up
Hopefully the day goes well and I make some amazing art... If so I'll post some up soon.

-so many I's in this post.. me..me..me..me..ME! ^L^

sKc

No comments:

Post a Comment