Friday, January 14, 2011

Getting "Re-Connected"

Today I'm adding more ArtWork to my DA site. I just made it yesterday and it's a good venue for showing work, getting feedback and browsing other artists' work. It seems like most of the people (on DA) are very young but maybe I just haven't gotten good at looking around yet(?)

So I'm making art, adding art to sites, back on FB, really putting myself out there. I've even told FB everything I like so that they can adequately advertise to me... whatever, I guess if your going to jump on the band wagon you might as well sit up front.

I don't mean to be skeptical but it seems like a frantic shouting match between everyone in the world. "Look at me, look at me!" I quit FB so that I could mellow out a bit and not revisit myself and all of my thoughts continuously and now I'm doing that... x three, and then showing it to everyone in the universe. Maybe I should just slow down and not post so much at once. Not feed the Ego fire for a little bit and take things one step at a time.
I prefer the slow pace. I know that everything in the "real world" is traveling faster and faster but I'd like to slow down a bit... and I'm only 26! I used to do everything at my own pace, I enjoyed it. I see that life expects you to keep up, or rather society expects it. I think I'd rather slow things down to my pace though, otherwise I won't see the beauty I admire, I won't have time to reflect meaningfully and I won't have time for the people that mean the most to me. That's what my life should be about. Not rushing to respond or to produce the most.

Ah well... I'm just happy I get to share it, if the internet didn't exist we'd be waisting a lot more paper and complaining about how slow correspondence was. Guess I should just plot a course and take lots of breaks.
I'll feel better when my headache's gone, and maybe I'll stop whining...

On the good side of life! I'm using my Wacom more. I definitely need as much practice with it as I can. It's probably going to be a major part of my cartoon drawing process. Less paper more digital (eventually) which will be great(!) I just have to get my laptop organized and cleaned up. I'm not the best at organization but I can always improve from where I am now with it.
Enough of this blabbing! I'm going to post some of my light Photo's! (Yay)










There's three for now. These are some of the first I ever took after learning how. 
I have a Canon G10 which is a Great little camera and I'm not a professional by any means but It definitely gives me hours of fun... snapping away and seeing what I can do with it. I'll add more of this at some point. I have better images now but I just stumbled upon these in my folder and thought I'd put them up. Enjoy!



-sKc

No comments:

Post a Comment