Monday, January 31, 2011

Haven't written a good post in a little while, guess I can now...

It's Monday the last day of January (2011)
This weekend was pretty great. I'm still thinking about it and how cool it is/was to have gotten to meet animators who have worked on shows and movies that I grew up absolutely loving...
Pretty Amazing(!!!!)
So all weekend I was charged and Inspired. I was on Photoshop drawing all yesterday and a lot of today too. It's half past six now and I'm just wrapping up the day, Steve should be home soon and we'll prob. go for a walk but before that(!) I wanted to post some of the drawings I've done. I added most of them to FB already but hey (wth!) might as well add them here too.

I'm getting much more comfortable with my tools and hopefully as that happens more and more the art will improve as well!
**fingers crossed**




These are a some of the sketches from yesterday at the coffee shop. I actually had a lot more from there but I accidentally erased a few pages... ughh painful... haha, but oh well luckily I can just draw some more next time!

These are okay though, just a couple of the people sitting around in the shop.




This is Steve! Mostly.. haha, just a quick sketch in the library while we were there for a couple of hours.




My favorite of the Day! CoCo in his Jeggings, the proportions need a little help but besides the scrunching I feel like I captured some parts of him... lol.
I'm getting better though! Nothing like drawing with a pencil in my hand.




This one is from one of the Sheets I brought home from class, just to try something different. I thin I'm going to do that a lot more in the next few weeks... branch out and mix it up. Hopefully I'll loosen up more. It's been almost three years since I've really used drawing as my primary creative outlet. I think it's going to take a bit more time to get back to the natural feel I remember having..



This is also inspired by one of the sheets. I tried to practice more with building the frame beneath the drawing with all of these drawings but with this one in particular I showed it more. I think as I ease into photoshop I'll also play around with background textures and effects, shading and whatnot. I know it will all come with time, not really trying to rush it and not to brag but I do learn very fast... from that learning I get very, very excited and inspired so I'm not so much rushing myself as I am becoming fueled.
But I will have t find a balance between my own personal work and the work I have during the week at ADC.




Here's the last one I did... more of a digital painting than a sketch. Here I was just working with layers and shading more. By the way this is Not me.. hahahaa...

Sooo.. Yeah I'm really enjoying this learning experience... it's great to have a place to post and share my work and my progress, a diary slash sketchbook... I don't know why I didn't do this sooner!

-sKc





No comments:

Post a Comment