Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Today I went to the Art Center I joined here a few months ago, here being SoCal (my new home!) I had an "interview" with the ladies in one of the many, many groups there. Nothing too important just showed a few of my paintings and explained that I am new here and wanted to join a group that would be open to a young artist who is just starting out. Experimenting with different mediums, but mostly acrylics. I'll have to wait to hear back from them but I think it went well. If I get into the group I'll be able to show and sell paintings which would be nice but truthfully not the most important thing to me... The showing would be great, if I sell something here or there it'd be nice but I'm not really expecting anything too big.
At the rate that canvases are filling my apartment it would be a good thing to have some of them exiting too.

Here are two of the three paintings I brought with me... the third hasn't been photographed yet but I'll get to that soon!







































This one is really the first (finished) acrylic abstract I ever did.
I started it about three years ago and it's been a "work in progress" ever since.
I think I'm ready to call it finished.
This other one I started in Dael's class.
Dael is the first and only instructor I've had at the Art Center so far. She's an amazing Abstract Painter and really just a great woman! She's in her early eighties and has been teaching for fifty or so years. I'm not sure which subjects within the the realm of Art though, I should definitely ask. I think I'm going to ask her if I can record an interview with her sometime... maybe post it on here with her permission.

So, this next one I started in her class, I don't feel like it's finished yet, but I'm sure I'll find the solution at some point. In this one I explored the use of texture gels a little bit and also experimented with spray paint. There is a lot of white space which is really something I don't often do but I'm willing to try it out.



























That's all for now. I'll add more paintings later this week. Bye
-sKc

No comments:

Post a Comment