Monday, January 10, 2011

Trying something New

So, I've wanted a blog for a few years now... but I never really knew what I'd write about. I've had many ideas, I won't bore you with them yet, not until there is a "you" to bore I suppose. I think now I finally have something with substance and truth to blab about to the Internet and whoever aimlessly wanders onto my Blog...

It seems the world around me is lacking in those two areas lately, but I feel a change is coming and I'd like to be a part of it in some small way.

I want to write about Art.. wait don't leave!!!! Not just about art, but about what it can do for human beings.
 This doesn't mean I'm going to theorize about all the different Art Movements and the impact they've had on humanity. I just want to have a corner to write about how it can connect, motivate, and change us in ways we don't even acknowledge until it's already happened... sometimes long after it's happened.

I myself am an artist... I can finally say that out loud without feeling like I have to defend the word and myself... distancing from a pretentious stereotype that I often assume everyone envisions.
It's a word with many meanings especially in this day. To me, Art is more of an outlet than a label. It's a voice that I was born with and if I'm lucky I will be allowed to use it to communicate with many people in my lifetime.

My two favorite forms of Art are Animation and Abstract Painting, eventually I'd like to combine the two but for now I'll simply work on each separately.
Each has their own appeal to me, and others too I'm sure and I think both together would be phenomenal!

Abstract painting is like an emotional detox.
 It comes to me right when I most need it, I often go weeks, months, even years without painting.
But when I do, It can be as therapeutic as an empathetic friends' ear.
I've just begun drawing again but I expect it to lend a more structural crutch to my life. Storyboarding, organizing scenes, creating characters... this is something I really Love! It's about celebrating the humor and irony, really every part of life. It's also about reflection... and this is something I really need right now.

Well, I think I'll end here for now. I'll be adding paintings and hopefully many of my drawings in time to come. Thanks for reading through and welcome.
-sKc






No comments:

Post a Comment