Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sunday, Sunday.. Sun-DAY!

It's Sunday....
A very rainy, dismal one.

I haven't posted in a few days, been a busy week. I've been drawing, brain storming for my animation short and painting at the Art Center this week. Lots of art making.

Ironically, as busy as I've been I really don't have much art to post. Yesterday I took a few steps bac and looked at the story and frame of my short rather than rushing into the character design. I definitely needed a more solid structure for the story before I moved on with characters and drawing.

That's really where I'm at. Building my story and thinking about characters. One of the things I've been trying to focus on most with my characters is silhouette. Here are a couple of quick designs that show that a bit. I wanted to play around with a solid character with no detail and a strong silhouette.




Not sure if they'll be used in my animation, haven't decided on a style yet but this was an exercise and it definitely brought me a new perspective and some fresh ideas.

I'll post my progress from this week, probably mid-week. Happy Sunday!

-sKc

No comments:

Post a Comment