Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Coffee Shop Short

Been making slow progress with my short. Sort of working from the inside out, building characters and thinking about a plot. I haven't gotten too, too far but I like what I have so far. Two male characters Jeremy and Eli... I think they'll both be Barista's. I'd like to have many characters, other barista's and customers but it being a "short"... I'm trying to stay weary of that.

Here is Jeremy..




He's very "Intellectual", kind of condescending and cocky... the typical (stereotypical) coffee snob. I think I'm going to have a lot of reference material for him. I haven't gotten much further than his head shot (here). I have a few gesture sketches and prop ideas but yeah.
Next is Eli, he started out as a customer but I think he'd be a funny barista, maybe he knows nothing about coffee and frequently screws everything up.




I like him the most so far, he's trying to be laid back amongst a group of ego's and head cases (enter comedic relief). 

So that's all for now. I'm at the Cartel ... was going to work on the bags but I'm not comfortable enough (on the stool and low table) to get anything done.
People are kind of funny here, it's entertaining. 

sKc

No comments:

Post a Comment