Friday, February 4, 2011

Feeling Neglectful

It's Friday and I'm home... last night I went to First Thursday and to an Artsy Fartsy Party w/ Steve for his work frands...
That was ok and yesterday and today have also been alright.
I'm feeling a little neglectful about my Ps practice and sketching in general, haven't been doing much of it the past two days but I've been making art in different ways. I've painted and edited photos...posted to my new site and whatnot. I have done a little Ps work.
I decided to try out a background for the first time in a long time. I used a book for reference so if it looks familiar.. (haha) this is an unofficial reference statement.





It's my first time really trying to draw trees or any sort of nature-esque scene in Ps sooo.. bare with me. I'm sure with a little more practice I'll ease into it a bit more and improve but this is a start. I really like the style, reminds me of old cartoons that I watched. Gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling. So I did this and one other sketch yesterday and today I've painted a bunch. I figure if the arms are moving who cares which medium I working in..right?

Later today I'll go for a walk and get outside but for now.. just relaxing and posting old work on a new site.

Take care All.
sKc

No comments:

Post a Comment