Friday, February 11, 2011

Practice Makes Progress

It's Friday night, seven pm and I feel like I could sleep for about twelve hours tonight. SO tired. Been working my butt off, learning so much and loving it. Had a great day at work today, didn't feel like I made much head way on the project I am currently working on but I learned a new technique for blocking out color. Right now I'm working on some props for a project we're working on.

 


These are just some quick ideas I came up with for the concept I was working on... the bags that people put their tiny dogs in. These were drawings from real bags, people really swing their dogs around on them like they're gym bags or something... crazy. I just thought of another idea too while writing this, going to draw one where the dog is strapped to a person more like a baby carrier wrap.. haha, should be funny.

Okay so then I worked on some bags that were more the traditional type.




These were fun. This is really my first go at drawing up my own concepts and coloring them the way I'd like. It's pretty fun and very loose. Still there are countless interpretations I could do and after passing it along to another team member the drawings continue to transform.
Lastly, Andy showed me how to block out color similar to the way it's done in Illustrator to make it cleaner and more 3D-looking... spiffy.



So this is where I'm at so far. Will prob. pick up on it next week or in my free time this weekend. I also have some characters for my short in the works... two so far but more to come!





No comments:

Post a Comment