Tuesday, April 12, 2011

BLAHGging FAILURE

I have been doing quite the Shitty job of keeping up with blogging and keeping an up-to-date account of my drawing/animation progress lately but I'm giving myself a responsibility pass on account of "A Lot of Shit going Down" (to state it class-fully). The rug has pretty much been pulled out from under us (Steve and I) but we're doing the best we can to keep our heads up and push forward in an optimistic mind state. I think we're doing pretty well all things considered... hopefully we'll pull out of this craziness one step ahead and with more spirit and knowledge than we started with. That all said, I learned a new way of approaching my character today(!!) Well actually I think I learned the approach prior to today but I put it into motion today(!!) Thanks ANdy..WooWHO!

So here are two of the designs from today...


They're not finished yet but I'm definitely Thrilled with the progress I feel I've made just in expressing my design ability... Even after a few months of using Photoshop I still don't feel as comfortable "sketching" with brushes as I did with paper and pencil. Using the techniques that I employed today felt much better to me simply because it is more structural and even abstract(!).. which is my middle name.
So I plan on adding a few more pieces I worked this week but for now.. I'm going to get back to Dinner.

Tootles...
-Sue

No comments:

Post a Comment